Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ultimate Recipe Swap: Special K and Dilly Carrots




This is a vegetarian and veggie meal. I got this recipe from my mother in law. Special K is like a meatloaf (only no meat!). You can eat with ketchup or cut up to eat on sandwiches.

Special K- makes 1 9X13 pan
2 lb. cottage cheese
1 small onion, chopped
4-5 beaten eggs
1/2 c. milk
1-1.5 cups chopped walnuts
1/2 c. oil
5-6 cups Special K cereal (could use Rice Krispies or Corn Flakes too)
Mix well, place in greased pan. Bake 350 for 1 hour.
I also freeze this meal by mixing everything together and putting in a container in the freezer. On baking day, I just take it out and let it thaw and bake as directed. I usually make several batches to freeze.



This recipe is one my husband makes.

Dilly Carrots
Peel and cut carrots into chunks. Put steamer in pot and add water. Dump carrots into the pot. Steam the carrots. Pour out water and add butter, garlic powder and dill weed to desired taste. YUM!!

Be sure to check out other good recipes at Life As Mom.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Is the special K a dessert type thing or a meatloaf substitute? I haven't had Special K cereal so don't know if it is presweetened. In the photo it looks like meatloaf - was wondering if you could add spices and make it savory?

Shonda said...

Yes, Kim, it is like a meatloaf and you can add spices. Let me know what you add. I'm just starting to be more creative in adding spices to my cooking.

Shonna Scollard said...

It is also good with Wheaties...that is the way my mom always made it! Keep cooking, Shonda, and sharing your recipes!