Friday, March 19, 2010

God's Nuggets: Making good decisions

Last week, one of my friends asked me to do something for them that I felt totally obligated to do based on my emotions, but not based on everything that I already have on my plate. It was so tough for me to say no. I cried and prayed about what I needed to do. I really wanted to do what she asked, but I just couldn't. I felt that I was being selfish for not sacrificing 1-3 days a week to care for my friend's need. I felt the most peace when I asked God if saying NO is ok. Well, I was really nervous when I talked to my friend, but she had a great heart. I love her very much and felt totally honored that she asked me to do this favor. My heart was broken to say no to her, but I know God will honor both of us in this decision.

Do you have tough decisions? How does God help you have peace?

No comments: