Monday, March 8, 2010

Marriage Monday!


A few weekends ago I attended a marriage simulcast with my husband. Many different speakers shared some very good things for our marriages. I want to post a monthly Marriage Monday to give and receive ideas about marriage.

Here's a few things I learned from Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott (from Seattle!):

There is a triangle theory of love with 3 sides-
*Passion (hot)- biological, gets the romance going
*Intimacy (warm)- emotional, sharing, our journey together
*Commitment (cold)- willful, in spite of....I still love you

So ask your honey- "How's your love life?" Give a scale of 1-10 in these categories maybe once a week and just discuss. Small steps make a big difference. It also raises your level of awareness of your loved one.

How do you cultivate these 3 ingredients?
*Passion- tender touches
*Intimacy- shared activity, talking
*Commitment- attending marriage seminars!

Check out these 2 books by the Parrotts: The Love List and L.O.V.E.

So how's your love life? Please share any ideas you have for cultivating these 3 ingredients in your marriage.

PS. In June I will share how Jeremy and I met. You won't want to miss! Until next month...

No comments: