Thursday, April 29, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Breakfast Egg Casserole


This is for an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. (Recipe can be doubled for 9x13 pan)

8 bread slices, cubed
6 turkey sausage links, cooked and cut (optional)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cooked broccoli
3 eggs
1 c. milk
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard


Place 1/2 of bread cubes in a greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Over bread cubes layer half of the cheese, sausage links and broccoli. Repeat layers, ending with cheese. Beat remaining ingredients and pour over pan. Bake 375 for 35-40 min.

(I took this from the 30 Day Freezer Gourmet and tweeked it to ingredients I had). You can use different kinds of cheese like swiss. You can use ham and add different veggies like sweet bell pepper or mushrooms.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Breakfast casseroles are one of my favorite dishes. Unfortunately, I don't make them very often. I should make some up and freeze them.

Have a great day.