Monday, October 4, 2010

Make Your Home a Haven Fall 2010: Week #1

October 4 - Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. I will be starting mine in the morning! But you can start yours at dinner time. Do what makes sense for your family. I will be placing mine in the kitchen - the main hub of my home. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.

I have a candle that I bought awhile back that I'm going to light and I also have some Scentsy melts to use as well because a candle is not only about the lighted candle, but the scent that goes with it!  So whether I see a lighted candle or smell my Scentsy I will pray for my family.  That will help me build my house like the wise woman in Proverbs 14:1.  Jump on over to Woman Living Well and read her descriptions of what your home should be like.  I was very challenged to be more engaged, practice better time management, have a pleasant demeanor, be content and PRAY for my home (husband and son).  I feel so privileged to be the woman in my home and I will pray that God will give me the strength to build my house for His glory!