Friday, December 24, 2010

God's Nuggets: Connecting with God and others in the New Year

Every year I evaluate how I can grow closer to God.  I always like to be in a Bible study at church or with others.  I need accountability and I am learning to open up and expose those "sinful" parts of me that are hard to share.  A really good way for me to stay connected to God is to memorize His word.  So here are a few of things I will be doing starting in January, but even right now I get up early and have my daily time with God so that will never change.  My goals this year are to memorize at least 24 verses, consistently pray for my family using Scripture and find areas in my life that need challenging and growing.  One thing that I have been called to do by God is give my testimony at MOPS in February.  I'm really nervous about it, but please pray for my preparation so I can glorify God with my life.

So here is what I have chosen to do to connect with God and others in the New Year:
*Bible study at church- Beth Moore's Revelation study "Here and Now...There and Then"
*Siesta Scripture Memory Team with Beth Moore's Living Proof Blog (24 verses for the year)
*Good Morning Girls accountability group studying the book of James (brand new group to me!) from Jan 15-April 15.
*I continue to get Scripture encouragement and great memory verses from Transformed Moms.

I can't tell you how excited I am to dig into God's word and have Him transform my life!

My soul desire is to become the woman of God that He has called me to be.  So what about you?  What are you going to do to connect with God and others in the New Year?  I want to hear from you so please share!  Thanks, Shonda

No comments: