Friday, December 10, 2010

God's Nuggets: I want to be a simple mom!

Over the past few weeks, I have really been thinking about my time and priorities.  I just finished a study called No Other Gods by Kelly Minter.  One statement that really stood out to me was to "Make Room."  What does that mean?  To me, it means that I need to remove a lot of things that are cluttering my life to make room for what is most important.  What is most important?  To me, it's my relationships with God, my family and friends.  I feel like I have been neglecting what is most important to me.  Now that I am expecting in May, I have a strong sense of purpose to get my life in a better balance.  I have so much on my to-do list and I don't think that I can keep up the way I have been going.  Over the next few months I will be blogging less, but it's not because I don't want to blog but it's because I need to focus more on what is important to me.  I have a lot to accomplish before Baby Surprise gets here so I will be concentrating on making room!  I will be sharing with you this journey and what I am learning along the way.  That is how I will strive to become a simple mom!

3 comments:

J-Lee said...

What an encouraging post! I strive to live an uncomplicated life so I have more to give to my family but I'm always falling short!

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

Bless you!!

Heather said...

Love this...congrats on your little who is on the way :)