Friday, January 7, 2011

52 Weeks of organizing 2011 with Organinzing Junkie


I'm so excited that Laura at Organizing Junkie is starting this series.  I need support and encouragement as I begin this big project.  I already started my organizing, but this is a great way to have accountability and fun to see what others will be doing to get ideas on what else I can clean.

Today’s questions:

1.  Do you have your list written? (if you missed it, you can find the pdf here)
I have made a list of 5 areas for the month of January and I have 4 more that I thought of for February.
2.  What is the first thing on it that you hope to accomplish this week?
My first thing I hope to accomplish is make a 5 day plan to work 30 min a day in the area where I will be cleaning.
3.  How are you going to make it happen?
I'm going to write a list of what I want to have happen by the end of the 5 days of cleaning and what I want it to look like.  My goal is to take before and after pictures to show my results!

What about you?  Do you want to join too?

3 comments:

Buffie said...

Great plan. It always seems so much easier to tackle the chaos when you have a plan.

Elle said...

My house is overwhelming. I have my sister and her son living with us currently until May (sigh) and then my 3 kids and my big kid, i mean husband and then me. I'm not as clean as I hope I'd be. Slowly I am decluttering my house. I will have to check out the post you mentioned her. I suck at planning anything. I plan stuff and never follow through. I'm kind of a "spare of the moment" cleaner. I clean when things really start to bother me. Thus far, I have rid my home of numerous toys, paper, and books i no longer use. I try to keep a list for the kids to do chores each week but that doesn't really help with bigger jobs like closets, clothes, etc. Great job planning out stuff. Look forward to reading how it all goes!

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

Good for you! It's always the hardest to get going, so now that you have a plan I'm sure it'll go much smoother. :)