Friday, February 25, 2011

52 Weeks of organizing with The Organizing Junkie #8


Theme: Keep flat surfaces clear


Questions to Ponder:
1.  Do find cluttered surfaces make you a little crazy?
     Oh, my yes!  I hate cluttered surfaces, but unfortunately I'm still working on keeping those surfaces clean.  The worst are my dining room table and the big counter in the kitchen.  My dining room table is like a huge desk because that is where my computer is and then I have the printer along with all my notebooks and calendars.  The big counter in the kitchen collects all sorts of "goodies" too.  I'm better at keeping that clear.

2.  Are you managing to stay on top of your 52 weeks list?
      I'm nearly caught up to my 52 weeks list.  I'm not going in the order that I wrote, but I have done 7 areas so far.  I played catch up this week and I have 3 that I made before and after pictures for.

3.  Are you being motivated by your successes yet?
     I'm very motivated my success.  I can see the light coming through.  It's just hard because I have such limited time to clean with a toddler running around all day and a husband that I like to spend time with in the evening.   I'm also pregnant and trying to get ready for this new baby so this is a HUGE motivation for me to clean!  I love it!


Project 1:
Before- letter writing/computer paper file cabinet

After- Everything organized and accounted for!

Project 2:
Before- Emptied out drawers

Before- This is what was in the drawers.  Ugh!!

After- Ahh, feel so much better now.  Purged!

Project 3:
Before- Teaching stuff stored behind couch- removed!

After- all teaching stuff gone.  Next week will have picture of that!
So now I have 7 projects finished and I should finish my 8th one next week.  I'm almost caught up!

Be sure to check out Laura's site- The Organizing Junkie!

No comments: