Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Cashew Roast and Garlic Roasted Cauliflower


I know it's been awhile since I posted a recipe, but I have made these two dishes several times in the last month and I think you would love them.  These are vegetarian and both are extremely delicious.

Cashew Roast- I got this recipe from my mother in law.
2 c. bread crumbs
2 c. cooked brown rice
1 c. chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans)
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
1 T. parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. raw cashews
1/4 c. soy sauce
3/4 c. water

Saute onion and celery. Combine with bread crumbs, rice and nuts. Add seasonings. Blend cashews, soy sauce and water until very liquidy. Mix together thoroughly. Bake 350 for 45 min.


Garlic Roasted Cauliflower- I got this from a cookbook, but I tweaked it a bit. 
1 head cauliflower
olive oil
basil
salt
pepper
At least 5-10 garlic cloves minced (we like lots of garlic)
grated cheese- mozzarella, swiss, cheddar, parmesan (whatever you like)




Cut up cauliflower into flowerets in a large bowl.  Pour in 1/4 c. of olive oil.  Mince garlic cloves.  Sprinkle in basil, salt and pepper to taste.  I like lots of basil.  Mix thoroughly.  Spread on a large baking pan.  Sprinkle grated cheese on top of all maybe 1-2 cups.  Add some more basil if you like.  Bake at 450 degrees for 25 min until roasted.  If it starts to burn take it out.  YUM!!

I'm linking up to Life As Mom.


1 comment:

J-Lee said...

We love roasted cauliflower, I'll have to try it your way in the near future!